SAG-AFTRA Strike Details & Info - WGA & AMPTP to Meet Friday - Strike Relief - A.I.
By Abigail Hardin, August 02, 2023
Happy August, UTD!
There is a lot to unpack both with the SAG-AFTRA and WGA Strikes. One major piece of news came in yesterday, the WGA & AMPTP are on the path back toward the negotiating table! Shortly after optimistic rumors were published the WGA released a public statement that read in part, "The AMPTP, through Carol Lombardini, reached out to the WGA today and requested a meeting this Friday to discuss negotiations."
This is great news! Hopefully, talks can result in fair contracts for writers and open the door for positive discourse and radical change to actors' SAG-AFTRA contracts as well. Articles pertaining to the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes continue to roll in on a daily basis. Below are select articles with the most pertinent strike information. For full Strike coverage please visit our new Strike Resource page.
Active Up-To-Date Actor members now receive daily or weekly notification with all strike related news articles. Make sure you don't miss an important article.
Now, onto the news!
- Actors Strike Expands Scope To Orlando, Atlanta & Honolulu
- What is ‘Fi-Core’ Status?
- SAG-AFTRA Can Bar Non-Member Social Media Influencers From Guild Admission
- A3 Lays Off Assistants As Agencies Brace For Cost Cutting Amid Strikes
- Strike Relief: Film Workers Get Help Keeping Health Insurance
- Seth MacFarlane Donates $1 Million To Help Workers During Strikes
- How Actors Can Get Financial Help Through SAG-AFTRA's Emergency Fund
- SAG-AFTRA Foundation Updates On Emergency Assistance Program, Confirms Dwayne Johnson Donation
- Dwayne Johnson Donates to SAG-AFTRA Foundation Strike Relief
- SAG-AFTRA: Studios “Wouldn’t Meaningfully Engage” On Key Issues Ahead Of Strike
- SAG Strike Minimum Pay: Why Actors are Angry Over Residuals
- SAG-AFTRA Strike: Background Actors Fear Displacement by AI
- Voice Actors, SAG-AFTRA Speak Out Against AI at Comic-Con
- How SAG-AFTRA, AMPTP Talks Ended After 'Civilized' Dispute
- AMPTP Says It Agreed to SAG-AFTRA Demand for 'Informed Consent' on AI
- SAG-AFTRA Leader Rebuts AMPTP Claims About Its Last Offer Before Actors Strike
- Where Are My Residuals? Actors/Writers Share Horror Stories
- Fran Drescher Interview: SAG Strike, Bob Iger and Vaccines
- Netflix's Ted Sarandos on SAG Strike:
- Bethenny Frankel Calls for Reality Stars to Unionize After SAG Strike
- SAG-AFTRA Interim Agreements: List Of Movies And TV Series
- SAG-AFTRA Defends Interim Deals with Indie Producers
- Sarah Silverman Is “Pissed Off” About Slew Of Interim SAG-AFTRA Agreements For Movies With Big Stars
- Sarah Silverman Clarifies SAG-AFTRA Interim Agreements Stance, Kinda
- Viola Davis New Movie Won’t Film During Strike Despite SAG Waiver
What Could End the Strike?
- Hollywood Strikes: L.A. Board Of Supervisors Urges Studios To Return To Talks
- Gavin Newsom Could Help End Hollywood Strikes, But Not Yet
- Hollywood Strikes: Inside Battle For New Streaming Residuals Model
- New York City Council Committee OKs Resolution Supporting Hollywood Strikes
- SAG-AFTRA’s Duncan Crabtree-Ireland On What’s Needed To End Strikes: Guest Column
- Who Can Solve Hollywood’s Labor Problems?
- Writers Strike: WGA & Studios Seek Path Back To Negotiating Table
- Writers Strike: WGA Exec Says Studios Are Locked In “Mutual Suicide Pact”
- Two Strikes and No Talks: 'The Plan Is for Them to Call Us'
- Force Majeure Terminations for Term Deals Coming as Early as Aug. 1
- ‘The Bear’ Writer Says Streamers Want Screenwriters to Be ‘Homeless’
- Writers Guild West Members Paid Record Dues In Year Before Strike: Annual Report
- French Cinema Guilds Declare Solidarity With WGA & SAG-AFTRA strikes
- WGA West’s Meredith Stiehm: Deal To Share The Wealth Only Way To End Strikes
- WGA West Officer & Board Candidates Address Wide The Issues – Not Just Strike
- A Striking Writer Recalls What It Was Like To Create A Netflix Comedy
- Hollywood Strikes: Women Leaders Of WGA, SAG-AFTRA, AFL-CIO Join LA Picket Line
- Bryan Cranston Tells Bob Iger AI Won't Take Jobs in SAG Strike Speech
- Netflix Backlash Over AI Product Manager Job Post That Offers Up To $900K
- James Cameron: AI Can’t Write Good Scripts
- Charisma Carpenter Waves Red Flag Over Artificial Intelligence Casting
- AI Companies Pledge “Responsible Innovation” In Set Of White House Commitments
Awards & Festivals
- Emmy Final Voting Dates Reaffirmed By Academy, January New Date For Show?
- Black Reel Awards Combines Film & TV Honors, Ceremony Set for January
- AMC Risks Runnng Out Of Cash If It Can’t Raise Capital, CEO Says
- “TIFF Is On”, CEO Says; Fest Hopes For SAG-AFTRA Clearance Of Stars In Indie Pics
- 2023 Venice Film Festival Lineup Snubs, Surprises, Highlights
- 2023 Venice Film Festival Lineup: See the Full List
- 2023 Toronto Film Festival Lineup: List of Movies at TIFF
- ‘Ferrari’ To ‘Dumb Money’: How Are The Fall Festivals Shaping Up?
- How the Just for Laughs Festival Has Boosted Comedy Careers
- Culture, Media & Sport Committee To Probe UK TV & Film Industries
- Korean Content Captures 50% Of Asia SVOD Viewing In 2023 First Half
- Viaplay CEO Jørgen Madsen Lindemann Says Company Has Too Much Scripted
- Banijay Expands Italian Footprint by Partnering With Marco Belardi
- Peacock Raising Prices For First Time Since 2020 Launch
- Paramount+ Gets Nielsen Recognition, NBA Finals Keeps Broadcast Alive
- YouTube Premium Monthly Price Jumps $2
- FAST TV Is Dominated by Paramount Global’s Pluto TV
- Netflix Stock Falls After Q2 Earnings Beat on Paid-Sharing Crackdown
- Netflix’s Mixed Q2 Earnings Gives Wall Street Mixed Feelings
- Netflix Sees Frothy Stock Dip As Q2 Revenue Trails New Subscribers
- Why Netflix Just Murdered Its Cheapest Ad-Free Plan
- Netflix: Lower Content Spend Strikes Free Cash Flow Boost Swipe Rivals
- Alabama Shakes Commissions Writers to Create New Southern Canon
- IATSE & Broadway League Reach Tentative Deal On Pink Contract
- IATSE 798, The Broadway League, and Disney Theatrical Reach Tentative Agreement for New Hair and Makeup Contract
- Tentative Agreement Reached for New Broadway Hair and Makeup Contract
- 72 Regional Theaters, One Shared Crisis
- Tips for Successful Auditions From the Broadway Star Judges of Playbill and Prudential's Stages on Broadway Contest
- NYC’s Metropolitan Playhouse to Close After 31 Years
- John Kander Says You Have to 'Find Some Joy in the Process' to Be An Artist
- AMC Abandons ‘Sightline’ Policy That Charged More for Better Seats
- Francis Ford Coppola on Barbie, Oppenheimer, New Golden Age of Cinema
- Barbenheimer Is a Hit: Here Are 5 Lessons For Hollywood
- Lady Gaga Wanted to Be Called Lee on Joker 2 Set, Says DP
- America Ferrera ‘Barbie’ Monologue Preparation Broken Down By Actress
- Jim Gaffigan Reflects on His Unusual Path to Stand-Up