Strike Details & Info - Movie Theatre Recovery - Q2 Report
By Abigail Hardin, August 08, 2023
Happy Tuesday, UTD!
Don't let August just be a month where you get out of town both physically and figuratively. August is a super month to work on your physicality so that you have radiant, glowing, energy. Use this month to brainstorm new ideas to move your career forward:
- Get into a class that enhances your physicality and restores your vibrant health
- Review self-tapes and edit them down to a maximum length of 1-2:00 minutes. Be ready to use them as visual examples of your castable type and range.
- What castable type is missing from your reels and clips? Now is the time to create a clip that fills that gap.
- Learn a new skill that adds marketability to your toolbox.
- Meditate every morning and ask for Divine Intelligence guidance for your next empowering career steps.
- Write new affirmations for the career you desire. Create a vision board.
- Spend time with imaginative play living the life and career that you want.
- Nurture yourself by cooking an amazing meal at least once a week.
- Dance outdoors when and wherever you can.
Be sure to read the first article in the WGA Strike section for a full recap on the WGA-AMPTP meeting last Friday.
Now, onto the news!
Articles pertaining to the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes continue to roll in on a daily basis. Below are select articles with the most pertinent strike information. For full Strike coverage please visit our new Strike Resource page.
Active Up-To-Date Actor members now receive daily or weekly notification with all strike related news articles. Make sure you don't miss an important article.
- George Clooney, Meryl Streep Donate $1 Million to SAG-AFTRA Foundation
- SAG-AFTRA Interim Agreements Under The Spotlight: “It’s The Wild West”
- SAG-AFTRA News Broadcasters Express Support For Striking Actors
- SAG-AFTRA Urges Studios Return To Talks As WGA Set To Meet With AMPTP
- David Zaslav on SAG-AFTRA and WGA Strike
- Paramount’s Bob Bakish: “Hopeful For Timely Resolution” Strikes
- SAG-AFTRA President Fran Drescher Says AI Is A “Deadly Cocktail” That Threatens To “Poison” Hollywood
- Analyst: Netflix Should Cut Its Own Deal to End the Dual Strike
- Actor-Turned-Indie Producer Jonathan Brown On Interim Agreements
- Cate Blanchett Not Attending Locarno ‘Shayda’ Premiere Amid Actors Strike
- Jamie Lee Curtis Hopeful SAG-AFTRA and AMPTP Can Find Common Ground
- Fran Drescher Fires Up SAG Picket Lines: 'There Is No Turning Back!'
- Thousands Descend On NBCUniversal After Sidewalk Controversy
- Zachary Levi Clarifies Viral SAG Strike Comments
- Jamie Lee Curtis SAG-AFTRA Strike Statement Clarifying ‘Full Support’
- WGA and AMPTP Meet But No New Negotiations Set Yet
- WGA Introduces New Health Care Demands That Could Prolong Strike
- Karen Bass Seeks 'Immediate' Resolution of Hollywood Strikes
- WGA Say Not to Get Hopes Up After AMPTP Overture
- WGA Lowers Expectations for AMPTP Meeting
- WGA Rips Studios Ahead Of New Talks Tomorrow
- Hollywood Strikes: Writers, Actors On Restart Of WGA Talks; Eyes On SAG-AFTRA
- Strike Talk Podcast Week 14: Lilly Wachowski, Craig Mazin & Jason Blum
Movie Theatres & Film Festivals
- Barbie Crosses $1B Worldwide Box Office
- Queen Barbie, King Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Summer Box Office
- Cinemark Says Strikes Won’t Change Fundamentals Of Theatrical Recovery
- 2024 Sundance Film Festival In-Person, Hybrid Plans Announced
- Roku See Pop In Q2 Ad Sales Despite Weak Market; Stock Rises
- 'Mario' Boosts Theatrical for Comcast Earnings, Peacock Subscribers
- Amazon Cruises Past Wall Street Q2 Estimates, With Advertising Surging 22% Over Year-Ago Levels
- Advertising Downturn Keeps AMC Networks From Hitting Q2 Revenue Target
- Apple’s Services Division Sees $21B In Sales, 1B Paid Subscriptions
- Warner Bros. Discovery Q2 Results Hit By ‘The Flash’ And Soft Ad Climate
- Paramount Global Struggles With Film But Q2 Is Better Than Expected
- Fox Corp. Hits Quarterly Target Despite Advertising Dip
- Paramount Plus Free Trial: 30-Day Promo Code, August 2023
- Tim Cook Calls Apple TV+ A Creative Showcase, Doesn’t Mention Strikes
- U.K. Streaming Revenues Soar 21% to $4.1 Billion in Flat Market
- Paramount’s Q2 Streaming Expenses Near $2.1 Billion
- Bob Bakish Is Down to Bundle Paramount+ with Your Streaming Service
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- ‘Reservation Dogs’ Creator Sterlin Harjo on Ending the Show, Emmy Snubs, and the Fight for Native Representation
- Marcus Ryder On Why Media Diversity Execs Are Exiting
- Dark Winds: Chris Eyre on Getting Navajo Language Right, '70s Music
- Issa Rae, Gina Prince-Blythewood, and Kumail Nanjiani On ‘Project Greenlight’
Actors on Acting
- Oliver Platt Talks 'Complexity' of Playing Uncle Jimmy on 'The Bear'
- Heels Season 2: Alexander Ludwig Interview on Becoming a Pro Wrestler
- How ‘Jury Duty’ Cast Actors to Surround Ronald and Not Tip Their Hands
- Juliette Binoche Interview on Michael Haneke, Claire Denis, and More
- Robert Downey Jr. Praises Cillian Murphy for ‘Oppenheimer’ Sacrifice
- Michael Cera Almost Quit Acting After ‘Superbad’
- ‘Beanie Bubble’ Star Geraldine Viswanathan Is Always on the Rise
- 'Wednesday' and 'The Witcher' Casting Director Sophie Holland
- Christopher Nolan Refused to Use ADR on ‘Oppenheimer’
- Variety's 10 Comics to Watch Bring Humor and Heart to Just for Laughs
- Sydney Sweeney, Noah Schnapp and Steve Lacy: Power of Young Hollywood
- Judi Dench Says She Can’t See On Film Sets Anymore: “It’s Difficult For Me If I Have Any Length Of A Part”