New Projects Casting - WGA Negotiations Begin - COVID Testing Stipend - AI Simulation Payment for Actors
By Abigail Hardin, March 21, 2023
Happy Tuesday, UTD!
I hope your week is off to a great start! We have been working on some changes to the Up-To-Date Actor over the past few months, including a design upgrade. Over the next few weeks, we will be updating sections of the site in batches. Please be patient with us as we work to get the hundreds of pages that make up the site switched to the new design. Our goal is to make this as seamless as possible. You will continue to have access to your account the entire time. If you experience any errors or technical glitches, please don't hesitate to reach out via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annie and I are back at Actors Connection this month with a free workshop on COVER LETTERS! In this seminar, we will discuss in-depth the five essential components of a door opener cover letter and how to professionally follow up with industry contacts (including how often to send and what to say). Register today!
- April 06, 2023 @ 3:00 PM EST — Cover Letters & Follow-Up Notes to Agents & Casting Directors: The Power in your Words with Actors Connection
Now, onto the news!
Create a great week! ✌️
- As Day One Of Talks Ends, WGA & AMPTP Lay Out Narratives Deal
- WGA Proposes Minimum Staff Level for TV Writers Rooms
- Studios Pledge To Keep Hollywood Production Active As Labor Talks Start Monday
- “Fire And Brimstone” At Tonight’s WGA Membership Meeting As Contract Talks Loom
SAG-AFTRA: COVID Testing Stipend & AI Simulation Payment
- Actors Union Says AI Use To Simulate Performances Must Be Bargained For
- SAG-AFTRA, Studios Reach Tentative Settlement Over Unpaid Covid Testing Stipends
- The Self-Tape Controversy: Six Actors Talk About The Maddening Process
FOX Studio Expansion
A24: Uneasy at the Top
- A24’s Future: What Does Oscar Success Mean For Indie Studio?
- A24 Covets Oscar Haul But Its Leaders Remain Skittish About Spotlight
- Sean “Diddy” Combs Says “It’s Time For BET To Be Black-Owned Again”
- Survey Shows Frequent TV Series Cancellations Affect U.S. Viewership
- Lawsuit Will Decide Fate Of St. Louis' Fabulous Fox Theatre
- The state of Broadway with Charlotte St. Martin: government relations and preparing for the next crisis
- 2023 Sarasota Film Festival Announces Full Lineup
- 2023 SXSW Audience Award Winners List: ‘Flamin’ Hot’, More
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Film & TV
- Paid Internships Key to Expanding Industry Talent Pool (Guest Column)
- 2023 Black List And Women In Film Episodic Lab TV Writers List
- GLAAD: Cancelled Shows Hurting LGBTQ Representation on TV
- How #MeToo Has Inspired Today’s Young Playwrights
- The Powerful Female Creatives of the 2022-23 Broadway Season
- Applications Now Open for Actionplay 2023 Free Audition Workshops
- Pennsylvania School District Vetoes Production of THE ADDAMS FAMILY
Actors on Acting
- Willem Dafoe Interview About ‘Inside’ And Acting Tips
- Debra Martin Chase on Her Producing Career, Being Mary Tyler Moore Doc
- Jenna Ortega Originally Turned Down ‘Wednesday’ to Focus on Film
- Melissa Barrera ‘Grateful’ for ‘In the Heights’ Box Office Flop
- Jamie Lee Curtis Explains Dangerous ‘True Lies’ Stunt Procedure